Thursday, July 12, 2007

Japan, Laughter, and Work

1. While I was walking down the hall to the elevator to start my shift, I got the faint whiff of cigarette smoke. Now I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke but the combination of the smoke and hallway took me to my days in Japan. In Japan, it's legal to smoke everywhere except buses and trains. For a split second I caught myself remembering my boss, former co-workers, and the schools I used to work at. I sometimes wish I was still in Japan working and living life. I have so many good memories of that country and it was nice to think of all those people who were my family there.

2. I accidently spilled a glass of lemonade on a resident at work today. The guy was pissed off at me to say the least even though I apologized profusely. I have to admit that after I cleaned up the mess, brought him napkins, and let him yell at me for a few minutes, I went in the back and chuckled to myself. I mean with all the abuse I put up with at work by these senior citizens, it was about time that something actually happened to one of them. Heh, heh...sort of like my deceiving way of getting back. When I told some of the other servers about it, they all laughed. I guess it was pretty comical.

3. Work went pretty smooth today and I was able to handle all my tables much better. I got a few compliments from my co-workers about how much I've improved and that I did a good job today. I'm also getting faster at my closing duties too. Felt good knowing that I'm making some improvement there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha, wicked girl. >:)